Friday, April 19, 2013

Paint It Forward For National Donate Life Month With Taylor's Gift And OPI Nail Polish


Does your driver’s license have that little heart on it indicating that you are a registered organ donor? If not, this is the month to get registered. April is National Donate Life Month.

In celebration of National Donate Life Month, OPI Nail Polish has teamed up with Taylor’s Gift to release a limited edition nail color called Taylor Blue to help raise awareness about the life saving gift of organ donation.

Taylor Storch was a vibrant young lady whose life was cut short by a tragic skiing accident on a family vacation in Colorado. Her family did what they believe she would have wanted by donating her organs to people on various waiting lists. They also started the Taylor’s Gift Foundation to help raise awareness about the gift of organ donation.

You can help by purchasing OPI’s limited edition Taylor Blue and posting a picture of your painted nails to your favorite social media site with the tags #TaylorBlue and @TaylorsGift. Help Taylor’s Gift paint it forward.

Find out more by visiting TaylorsGift.org/TaylorBlue.


Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)


** Disclaimer: All information and images in this post provided by the manufacturer or their PR **

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the updates on awesome events like this!

    I've been reading your blog for almost ever, but recently I've been a little worried. I know most polishes are free of ingredients like formaldehyde and toluene, but is it possible that the other ingredients in the polish can cause serious problems in the body? I'm a big nail polish addict, so I'm a bit worried about this. Thanks for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Keikei Alps, To be honest I worry about that also. I think a lot of companies are staying away from the known harmful ingredients, but that doesn't mean that other ones are not harmful. It just might be that we don't know about their effects fully yet. If you are very worried, you can take any/all ingredients in a particular nail polish and look up MSDS statements for them. That should detail any known harmful effects that they might have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anutka, thanks for replying. I'll try MSDS and see what I can find. For now, I'll keep my room well ventilated! It's nice knowing I'm not the only one worrying about this. Thanks again! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing National Organ Donor Awreness. I've been following your blog for a while, love it by the way :). But I am also a two time Heart Transplant Recipient, the last one being just a few months ago. First one was 20 years ago. Just wanted to share that and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beverly, thank you so much for sharing your story. It is important for people to be aware!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...